Wednesday 25 January 2012

Spring! Semester (ha.)


So the idea is to do some big stuff, working on the gainsborough, reynolds, romney, sargent trajectory. A few full length life size portraits with the subjects wearing their nice clothes. The whole idea of showing off wealth, number one in the commissioning of the portrait, number two in the costume worn for it is a theme I'm interested in exploring. Based on the paucity of modeling... I'm going to also be working on a master copy or something to just practice brushwork. Because the plan is to work on such a large scale I'm not really expecting to do a lot of these. But I'm not sure yet how many not a lot is either. Another scale issue - I'm going to have to do a long of canvas building, I'm assuming I'll need a pretty good support system for it so the building is what I want to work on for Monday. With all of that I'm going to keep doing the monster a days and maybe continue the Northern Lights panels to keep some variety/freshness in there.  

yay portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment